Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Media is brutal

Since I have been sober (a whole 13 days, lol) I have been maybe hypersensitive to the media attention that alcohol gets. Many radio stations are interactive with their listeners now and the one I listen to in particular has a lot of talking about booze. Just this morning, they did a call in your stories about when you saved your drink. The stories...OMG! One fell over a fire pit, resulting in 30 stitches in her knee but did not drop a bit of alcohol. Another tripped over a cat and fell through a coffee table but again, not a drop of scotch spilt. These were just a couple examples. It went on and I changed the station. It got me wondering about how many people would save their bottle of water? Or pop? I bet NO BODY!!! And I would also be willing to bet that very few people drinking water or pop would fall over a fire pit, trip over a cat or run into a tree. Don't get me wrong, I am a super klutz and it is not unlike me to trip over my own feet but I know my incidents of clumsiness went up when drinking.


My point is that there is constantly drinking stories, commercials and signs everywhere. I am hoping to find a way to cope with these as sometimes they are kinda hard to listen to. I guess I will come to terms with it and it won't be at the forefront of my head before too long.


Have a great day!


<3 Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment